The script that will be posted here is under in beta testing now and only supports traffic jams in the Netherlands. Support is limited and will be done through . limitation (some call it ‘bug’): If there’s 2 traffic jams on the A6, it will only list the first.
NOTE: The script doesn’t work because of a change to the traphic.nl website. Hope to fix it asap.
UPDATE: Also check out Ashai Reys website with a very nice traffic script!
It’s a script that grabs traffic information and puts the following information in HomeSeer devices:
- Device 1 – ALL TRAFFIC JAMS
- STRING: Total number of traffic jams and total length
- VALUE: Number of traffic jams
- Device 2 – ROADS IMPORTANT TO YOU
- STRING: List of all traffic jams
- VALUE: Total length of traffic jams
What can you do?
- Create an event that sends an email when you are away from home and there’s traffic jams on ‘your roads’ say, after 15:00 :-)
DJ_Traffic script 0.8 (Aug 29 2009)
- Copy DJ_Traffic_xx.vb in your HomeSeer \scripts directory
- Create 2 HomeSeer devices
- Create an event that runs the DJ_Traffic script every hour (see ‘script parameters’ below)
Script parameters: (“Main”,”<device-1>|<device-2|Your_Roads”)
- HomeSeer device that contains a file SUMMARY
- Example: V20
- HomeSeer device that will get traffic information for YOUR roads
- Example: V21
- Enter the roadnumbers that are important to you. Traffic jams for these roads will be placed in Device-2
- Example: “A13 A4 A10 A7” (roadnumbers seperated by a space)
- Example: “ALL” if you want to see ALL traffic jams in Device-2
- EXAMPLE Run ‘DJ_Traffic_xx.vb’ in HomeSeer with these parameters: ** (“Main”,”V20|V22|A13 A4″)