Here’s an interesting new product from Klik-aan-klik-uit. The ALED-003 is a battery powered wireless LED light. The price is between € 15-17. What is it? A small box with 3 LEDs.
The little box could be smaller but it houses 3x AAA batteries. A friend of mine bought one and showed it.
- The LEDs are very bright (he replaced them with smaller, red LEDs)
- It’s quiet. You can place it in a bedroom without waking up people when switching it on/off ;-)
He wanted to use this KAKU LED light as a notification device for his mailbox (which is a couple of stairs down)…
A couple of days ago I though: HOLD on, I can use this to display STATUS! Examples:
– Status: motion in the livingroom when we’re sleeping
– Status: Doors or Windows open when I leave the house
Hmm.. What do I need for that?
– A quiet box (when used in the bedroom)
– Not too much light (LEDs can be replaced)
What would be nice? If you could control the 3 LED’s individually.. Why? You could have 3 different “messages” with 1 device.
- LED1: motion in the garden
- LED1+2: motion in the living room
- LED1+2+3: doors or windows opening
UPDATE: just heard that it doesn’t work like this. The 3 different levels are created by dimming ALL 3 LED’s.