STATUS: project dead. Because of the fact that you have to run iTunes or WMP on your HomeSeer server I stopped this project. Currently I use the iRemote on my iPad to control iTunes directly. The only annoying thing is that you can’t see Album artwork for music that’s stored on my NAS.
Allow Touch screens to control music
- Showing covers, titles
- Controls to select/skip/play/pause/stop music + volume
- Ability to search music by genre/title/album name (optional)
There’s a couple of options/issues:
- HS Plugin: iTunes $40 (requires iTunes on your HomeSeer server: not an option)
- HS Plugin: Windows Media Player $40 (requires WM 9 running on HomeSeer: maybe)
- Use IR Trans to control the audio system, volume, source, etc.
Need an audio link from HS to the actual speakers. There’s a Mac Mini right next to the speaker system. It contains iTunes and my music library.
Find out how and then document/share