Measure presence of people based on Bluetooth in their phones. Run scripts/actions based on this information.
- Install Bluetooth dongle on your HomeSeer windows PC
- It’s important that your BT dongle uses the Widcomm stack!
- Install HomeSeer Bluetooth plugin (Stipus) (forum)
- Configure plugin
- General info on USB over ethernet: Lantronix Ubox, Icy Box, Belkin USB LAN hub
I am running HomeSeer in VMWare and the Bluetooth plugin is connected through a Belkin LAN USB hub (€ 79).
To get the BT dongle working in my VMWare Win2k machine using the Belkin LAN USB hub I had to use different drivers:
- Download the Silex America SX Virtual Link drivers
- Install the application
- After installation, don’t use the control center from the SX VirtualLink sw but use the control center file that comes with the Belkin software. (“C:\Program Files\Belkin\Network USB Hub Control Center\Connect.exe”)
Just got inspired by a colleague: Add an Oregon Temperature sensor in your car. Whenever your car is home you will have the temperature – AND YOU KNOW THE CAR IS HOME!
So when you have no signal from the sensor, you’ll know the car is gone ;-)